Refuse & Recycling
The New Kent County General Services Department operates four refuse and recycling centers located throughout the County. These centers may be utilized by County residents dropping off their trash and recycling, at no charge. New Kent County does NOT provide trash and recycling pickup services. Vendors for pickup within the County are listed at the bottom of this page.
Main Refuse Site
- Route 618 - 6301 Olivet Church Road, New Kent, VA 23124; (804) 966-2686; Open 7 days a week, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Accepts televisions or computer monitors for recycling, one per day.
- Lead acid batteries, empty propane tanks, used paint, scrap metals, and appliances such as dryers, washers, refrigerators, and stoves are accepted. There is a $15 fee to remove refrigerant from any appliance.
- Household brush up to 6 inches in diameter.
- Residents are also now allowed to collect brush (for firewood purposes) from the brush recycling area between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., seven days a week.
7050 Airport Drive
Quinton, VA 23141
Phone: (804) 932-8745
7 am - 8 pm
17120 Polishtown Road
Barhamsville, VA 23011
Phone: (804) 843-3496
Monday through Wednesday
Friday through Saturday
7 am - 7 pm
Sunday 10 am - 7 pm
12400 Old Telegraph Road
Lanexa, VA 23089
Phone: (804) 966-5203
Tuesday through Saturday
7 am - 7 pm
Sunday 10 am - 7 pm
All sites are closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day.
- All sites will accept regular household waste and recyclable items including used motor oil, oil filters, anti-freeze, bagged leaves, corrugated cardboard, mixed paper and boxes, newspapers, and mingled waste, such as aluminum, glass, and plastics #1-7.
- NO NEED TO SORT! You can place all accepted recyclables, clean and loose, in the same recycling container. Plastic bags and Styrofoam can not be put in recycling containers.
- In order to use any of the refuse & recycling sites, you must show proof of residency. This can be done in one of three ways: (1) display of a New Kent refuse & recycling decal on your vehicle windshield, (2) providing your valid driver’s license each time you visit a refuse site or (3) possession of a signed Temporary Refuse & Recycling Authorization Form (PDF) to be shown each time you visit a refuse site.
- Closed toe shoes must be worn by anyone entering sites.
- Sites are not designed to accept commercial waste or construction materials.
- Our Refuse & Recycling Centers User Guide provides further information concerning accessing and use of the four County refuse & recycling centers.
Items Not Accepted
- Automobile chassis
- Brush larger than 6 inches in diameter
- Toxic chemicals
- Concrete and bricks
If you need information on disposal of any of these prohibited items, please contact us at (804) 966-8514 and we will be glad to offer some recommendations. Tire recycling vendors are listed at the bottom of this page.
Trash & Recycling Pickup Options
*Please note these businesses are not County affiliated and have a cost associated with the services they provide.
Tire Recycling Options
|Virginia Recycling |
4301 S Mountcastle Road
|Tire Recycling Solutions |
2640 Roxbury Road
*Please note these businesses are not County affiliated and have a cost associate with the services they provide. Residents are encouraged to verify the pricing information as it may have changed.