- Pay In Person - You may pay your county taxes in person at our office, by cash, check, money order, or credit card (we do not accept American Express). There is a service charge for using a credit card. We are located at the County Courthouse Complex (off of Route 249 in the Administration Building behind the Historic Courthouse):
12007 Courthouse Cir.
New Kent, VA 23124
- Pay By Drop Box - Checks and money orders (no cash) can be dropped in our 24-hour curbside drop box. Look for the stainless steel box located in the parking lot that serves the Administration Building and new courthouse. Payments deposited prior to 7:30 am on a due date are considered on time.
- Pay By Mail - To pay your taxes by mail, please make checks or money orders payable to “New Kent County," and send it to the following address:
P.O. Box 109
New Kent, VA 23124-0109
- Pay Via the Internet FOR REAL ESTATE AND PERSONAL PROPERTY BILLS - View the Treasurer's Office Online Payment System. There you can make official payments, including payments for real estate and personal property taxes. Call (888) 272-9829 and use jurisdiction code 1017. There is a service charge for using a credit card to make payments.
- Pay Via the Internet FOR UTILITY PAYMENTS - VISIT OUR NEW CITIZEN SELF SERVICE PAGE TO MAKE UTILITY PAYMENTS. There is a service charge for using a credit card to make payments.
In compliance with State and Local law, the Treasurer may levy a service charge not to exceed the actual fee charged to New Kent County by the financial institutions processing the payment. As of June 13, 2018, that service charge has been calculated at 2.5% of the total transaction.
Prepayment programs are available for citizens who would like to make monthly payments on their real estate or personal property tax bills in advance of the due date. Contact the Treasurer's Office at (804) 966-9615 for more information about this service.