Click to Home
New Kent County, Virginia

Go To Search
Residential Permits
Single Family Dwellings and Building Permits
Single Family Dwellings

The applications below are used for single family dwellings.  Applicants are required to apply in person or by mail to satisfy the need for the original signatures, license verification, and payment.  We cannot accept faxed applications.  Have all applications that pertain to you filled out prior to submittal.  Please note that incomplete applications will not be accepted.  Applications are accepted daily from 8:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.  Please call (804) 966-9680 with any questions.

Single Family Dwelling (Stick, Panelized, Modular)
Manufactured Home (Single and Doublewide)
Manufactured Home Supplement

An accessory structure is any structure on your property other than a single family dwelling.  This includes decks, garages, sheds, pools, docks, bulkheads, interior renovations, etc.  Use the application below for all accessory structures.

Building Permits

Building Permit

Please see below for other applications, sub applications, permit amendments, and inspection information.

Sub Applications
Use the below applications for all trade submittals.

Sub Permit Fees
Electrical Permit
Plumbing Permit
Mechanical Permit

A separate mechanical permit is required to be pulled by the contractor that is installing fireplace inserts.

Inspection Information
Below is inspection information for single family dwellings and accessory structures.  There is a $55.00 missed inspection fee incurred for each inspection that is not called in.  For inspections that have failed twice or that are called in and are not ready when the inspector arrives, there will be a $55.00 fee.

Burn Permits
Burn permits are required for any residential or commercial burning activities.  This applies to residents burning brush and a commercial contractor involving land clearing (pit burning).  Presently, there is no charge for such activities.  This application is available and submitted through the Building Development Department and then forwarded to the Fire Marshal.  After that time, you may direct any questions to the Fire Marshal's Office at (804) 966-9618.  Please note that the  permit process can take up to 14 days to issue.

Burn Permit
Demolition Permit