Skip to Main Content
Do Not Show Again
Upcoming office closures/limitations on Friday (2/10) & Monday (2/13) due to software updates
Create a Website Account
- Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Website Sign In
Create an Account
Sign up for New Kent Alert
How Do I
Building Permits and Inspections
- Access updated building codes, resources, and links.
- Apply for this permit if you need to burn brush for lot clearing or highway construction, are going to sell or display fireworks, or for blasting operations.
Conditional Use Permits
- There permits are needed for certain uses which, because of their unique characteristics, are not generally permitted as a matter of right in the various zoning districts.
Cultural Events Permits
- Cultural events permits are needed to stage, promote, advertise, or conduct any cultural event or program.
- Use our environmental permits to gain permission for development on local and state lands prior to disturbing wetlands and other environmentally-protected areas.
Applications & Tax Forms
Business Property Taxes
Chamber of Commerce
Demographics & Statistics (PDF)
Important Labor Considerations
New Kent County Economic Development Auth.
Real Estate Locator
Water & Sewer Rates
Report a Concern
Parks & Recreation
Government Websites by
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow