About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
An outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus has been declared a pandemic. The virus is named “SARS-CoV-2” and the disease it causes is named “coronavirus disease 2019” (COVID-19). It has been responsible for thousands of deaths worldwide, including the United States, Virginia, and Virginia counties and cities.
Get the Facts
- VDH urges all Virginians should stay home when possible and practice social distancing. If you have to go out, stay 6 feet away from others and wear a face covering.
- Avoid public spaces, public activities, and group gatherings.
- Put distance between yourself and others if you are sick. Call ahead before seeking medical care.
For VDH testing sites near you:
Should you have additional questions, you may contact:
- Virginia Department of Health Coronavirus Question Hotline for NKC residents: (804) 365-3340
- The New Kent County Health Department: (804) 966-9640
- The Virginia Department of Health: 1-877-ASK-VDH3 (1-877-215-8343)