The New Kent DMV Select located in the New Kent County Administration Building will open for services Monday, November 8, 2021 at 8 a.m. by appointment only. NO WALK-INS. Schedule an appointment.
DMV Selects can process vehicle titling and registration transactions; however, DMV Selects do not issue Driver’s Licenses, Learners Permits or Identification Cards.
Before visiting this location, check the following list of available transactions:
- Vehicle Titles and Registrations
- Original (with or without liens), substitute and replacement titles and title maintenance (to change information on title records, adding/removing of names). Original registrations, renewals (including fleets), transfers, re-issues and plate surrenders.
- Dealer Title and Registration Transactions
- License Plates
- Specialized and personalized plate orders, including the issuance of motorcycle, permanent trailer, truck, taxicab and local government use plates.
- Permits and Placards
- Trip permits and overload permits. Original issue of handicapped parking placards.
- Transcript Requests
- Driver transcripts and vehicle transcripts (helpful for those who apply for a job where a driver’s transcript is needed initially, submitted periodically or checked by their employer).
- Address Changes
- Not involving issuance of a driver’s license or ID cards